MICROBLADING & MICROPIGMENTATION
WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Microblading, also referred to as semi-permanent makeup, is the manual process of implanting colour pigment in the upper layers of skin by means of tiny, sterile needles to produce the appearance of hair strokes. This is a semi-permanent option lasting anywhere from 8 months – 2 years.
WHAT IS MICROPIGMENTATION?
Micropigmentation, commonly known as cosmetic tattooing, is the process of inserting colored pigments just beneath the skin’s surface. At Brows by G we use a state of the art digitally controlled computerized micropigmentation machine. We are able to select the size and depth of the needles which allows precision and a consistent distribution of pigments. This procedure typically lasts between 3-5 years.
DOES MICROBLADING AND MICROPIGMENTATION HURT?
Brows by G uses a highly-effective, topical anesthetic cream for numbing before and during your procedure, to ensure you remain as comfortable as possible. Pain threshold levels vary from person to person and every effort is made to ensure you remain comfortable.
WHAT ARE THE PIGMENTS MADE OF?
The pigments used in cosmetic tattooing come in a variety of colours specially formulated with iron oxide, an ingredient safe for the skin. We do not use pigments made from organic ingredients, such as vegetables as they have a high risk of carrying bacteria and causing allergic reactions. Because color is implanted just underneath the dermal layer of the skin, the resulting shade is soft and muted, unlike regular cosmetic makeup that sits on the surface of the skin.
WILL MICROBLADING AND/OR MICROPIGMENTATION WORK WELL FOR ME?
If you have any of the following skin conditions, Microblading and Micropigmentation will likely NOT work well for you:
- Excessive sebum (oily skin)
- Severe acne
- Moles in the procedure area
- Very dry skinAdditionally, if you are iron deficient or Anemic, the pigment will fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
HOW LONG DOES MICROBLADING AND MICROPIGMENTATION LAST?
Microblading is considered semi-permanent and will not wash off, however, they will fade over time and typically last between eight months to two years.
Micropigmentation is a permanent procedure and can last much longer if proper care is taken. Frequency of touch-ups depends on a number of factors including: the pigment colour used (lighter colours fade faster), lifestyle (sun exposure), iron deficiency (your body absorbs iron-oxide as a supplement), and if any chemical peels come into contact with treated areas.
Please note that final results can not be guaranteed as each unique skin type will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. We will re-evaluate how your skin has received the pigment at your touch-up appointment and make any changes necessary.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE NEEDED?
For Microblading, two treatments are usually needed with 4-6 weeks separating the appointments. Sometimes just one treatment is sufficient, but a touch-up appointment is offered just in case. With most procedures, the colour looks dramatically lighter after the first week. At the second treatment, we will assess the colour retention and make adjustments as necessary.
WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE MY EYEBROW PROCEDURE?
- If you have an ideal shape and colour in mind, bring a few reference photos with you to your appointment.
- You may fill in your eyebrows as you normally would so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
- If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to plan your trip a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
- We require our clients to avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen.
- Do not drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment and limit the amount of caffeine you consume.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
HOW WILL I LOOK IMMEDIATELY AFTER? WHAT IS THE HEALING PROCESS?
Your semi-permanent makeup will appear darker and more intense than expected for the first few days. This will gradually lighten during the complete healing process. Redness and swelling is minimal. Please view our detailed aftercare instructions here (Link).
How you take care of the procedure area over the next 7-10 days will ultimately determine the final appearance and longevity of your Microblading or Micropigmentation. The “healing period” referred to below is 7-10 days, but please note it will take 30 days for the procedure area to fully heal. Please follow these instructions carefully for the best results:
- During the healing period, please apply the recommended aftercare balm to the procedure area 2-3 times a day. Always apply aftercare with clean hands or a Q-Tip to reduce the risk of infection. Never let the procedure area feel tight or completely dry. Hydration is key. To wipe off any excess balm, use a damp cotton pad and gently pat away the excess.
- Flaking and crusting may occur as the skin heals. Picking or peeling at the procedure area may cause loss of pigment and scarring. Refrain from touching the procedure area, except when applying aftercare balm.
- Please avoid using makeup on or around the procedure area during the healing process. If makeup touches the procedure area it can increase the risk of an infection and also may mix with the pigment to alter the colour. After the healing period has lapsed you are welcome to use makeup.
- Avoid showering for the first 12-24 hours. After this time has passed, when showering or bathing during the healing period apply a thick layer of aftercare balm to create a barrier and avoid putting the procedure area directly in the water stream during the healing period.
- Pools, saunas, hot yoga, tanning, excess sweating and facials should be avoided during the healing period. Botox should be avoided for 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks following your appointment. Avoid Laser treatments around the procedure area as there is a risk of altering the colour and lightening the pigment.
- If facial plastic surgery is being considered, it is advised to be fully healed prior to your Microblading or Micropigmentation appointment.
- Skin creams and products containing Retin-A, AHA or any kind of skin peel may not be used prior or post procedure, as they will fade and and possibly distort the procedure area.
- After the healing process, applying sun block is recommended to protect your cosmetic tattoo from fading or discolouring. (SPF 50 is recommended). A hat and sunglasses should always be worn during sun exposure for longevity purposes and to protect against general sun damage.
- Similar to traditional tattoos, it is normal to experience some loss of pigment during the healing period. Please take precautions to protect
light coloured linens and towels. The pigment is expected to be darker
for the rst 3-5 days after your appointment. Don’t panic! They will lighten and change every day during the healing period. After the initial healing period and once any akes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes which will make it seem as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, 40-60% of the pigment will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- After the procedure area heals, a touch-up appointment will be needed; the process is not considered complete without it! Your touch-up appointment should be booked 4-6 weeks after your initial appointment.
- If you have any questions or concerns following your appointment, please email us at [email protected] or give us a call during studio hours at (204) 488-BROW.
HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO HAVE MICROBLADING OR MICROPIGMENTATION DONE?
You must be 18 years or older to undergo Microblading or Micropigmentation at Brows by G.
CAN I HAVE MICROBLADING OR MICROPIGMENTATION DONE IF I AM PREGNANT OR NURSING?
As a precaution, we do not perform Microblading or Micropigmentation on pregnant or nursing women.
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
Due to the high demand for Microblading and Micropigmentation, appointments can ONLY be made via our online booking system and NOT in person, over the phone, or via email. Please note that a valid credit card is required to schedule and secure your appointment. We take your credit card number to ensure that you are serious about your appointment. If you cancel your appointment within 24 hours, or miss your appointment, your card will be charged 50% of the value of your service.
For all other appointments you can book online or email us at [email protected].
WHAT METHODS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
We accept CASH and CREDIT CARD (VISA/Mastercard/AMEX/Discover) payments only.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER SHIP?
Orders typically ship within 48 hours of confirmation. You will receive a shipment confirmation when your order has shipped and tracking information within 24-48 hours of shipment.