Breast cancer survivors are warriors. These women embody a level courage and strength we all hope we'd have within us if confronted with the same situation. They battle through a seemingly endless number appointments, surgeries, treatments.
I have nothing but the utmost respect for these women. Although I have not personally gone through the experience, I have spoken with many who have gone through treatment. No matter what their personal experience has been, they emerge as changed and unbelievably stronger people.
I’ve always wanted to do as much as I can to help women in this business. Help them feel confident and beautiful in who they are, help them understand that their unique features make them who they are, and help women who may have had physical changes feel like themselves again. It’s why we started doing our annual cancer charity event to give Microblading sessions to women who had battled cancer, and it’s now why I am so excited to bring Areola Restoration to our service offering and help women feel like themselves again. I want to be able to help provide closure to this chapter of their life and remind them that they are strong, beautiful, and brave.
Areola Restoration isn’t about how these women look, or about getting back to normal. It’s about completing the journey and giving back what was taken.
The art and science of Areola Restoration
Areola Restoration is an art form. It’s about creating something natural and unique to the individual.
- The process begins with measurements, and determining the ideal position of the nipple-areola complex. The positioning ultimately is determined by the preference of the client, however specific measurements are taken as a starting point. This measurement is called the Pen Triangle. The Pen Triangle measurements allow a starting point for the natural positioning of the areola.
- After measurements are taken, the areola and nipple sizes are selected and sketched on to the skin.
- Next is the tattooing procedure itself. The tattoo portion of the restoration is often pain free as most clients have lost sensation in that region due to previous surgeries.
- Once the tattooing is complete, the client must take time to heal and come back for touch-up appointments. All skin is very different which means that this is not a one and done type of procedure.
- When the client returns, an assessment is completed to determine the number of additional touch-up appointments will be necessary to complete the procedure.
On behalf of my entire team, we are so excited to offer this amazing service and have the chance to be a part of our client’s personal journeys.